Born in France, I’ve lived in Spain and now enjoy a life in New York City. A self-taught photographer, I am inspired by traditional black-and-white humanist photography, particularly the great masters like Sebastiao Salgado and Raymond Depardon.
Traveling around the globe, I create photo essays that cross art photography with photojournalism. I attach importance to producing an elegant photo —une mise en scène—in a geographical, social and humanistic context, with an emphasis on the latter. By catching the eyes of another, I seek a moment and a connection—in the humblest way—with the human soul. Even more, I want these simple shots of everyday life to raise questions. After my time in the United States, topics related to politics, migration and the diversity of the American Continent—both the North and the South—have gained particular interest.
The personal concept of mise en scène is important to my photographic work. Though I do not take part in the composition of what plays out before me, it's important that, while shooting in a street, I find a balance between the different plans of the scène, looking for harmonies and connections with the lines and the characters who comprise the photograph. In this way, I build a narration that will be interpreted by the future spectator.
Finally, I choose to make primarily black-and-white photographs in order to create a particular relationship between the viewer and the print. Black-and-white encourages a certain distance from the subject, keeping the meaning of the photo open and fluid. I appreciate when the viewer’s eyes are guided subtly and gently through tone and light, allowing each person to slip into her or her interpretation and quietly find their own meaning within.
You can also discover another part of my photographic work:
- January: Black Box Gallery (Portland - USA)
Exhibition. Picture 'Infinity Night (Arizona)'
- December: Gallery Se Center of Photography (Greenville - USA)
Exhibition. Picture 'At the Bus Stop (Roots. Haïti)'
- November: Salon de la Photo 2017 (Paris - France)
Exhibition. Three pictures 'This is (not) America'
- October: Gallery MC (New York City)
Exhibition. One picture of the series 'Proudly. Women of Haïti'
- October: F-Stop Magazine (USA)
Publication. Several pictures of the series 'Inside Havana. Cuba'
- September: Member of Soho Photo Gallery (New York City - USA)
- June: Black Box Gallery (Portland - USA)
Exhibition. Picture 'Reflexiones. La Havana'
- June: Oeil de la Photographie (French Magazine)
Publication. Portfolio 'Both Sides. Playas de Tijuana | La Jolla Beach
- March: Réponses Photo (French Magazine - National Edition)
Publication. Picture 'US Election Night. Democracy Plaza'
- November : Photomedia - International Biennal of Photographic Art (Skopeje - Macedonia)
Exhibition. Pictures 'Yesterday (New Mexico)'. 'On the Beach (Rockaway Beach)'
- October : Black Box Gallery (Portland - USA)
Exhibition. Picture 'Morning Motel (Arizona)'
- October : Soho Photo Gallery (New York City - USA)
Presentation and exhibition. Serie "Around a Road Trip (USA 2016)'
- April: Soho Photo Gallery (New York City - USA)
Collective Exhibition. Serie: 'One Night in New York City'
- March: STIG Magazine - Edition 9
Interview and pictures
- September: Rencontres Photographiques de Chabeuil (France)
Exhibition. Serie: 'Melancolía cubana'
- July: Black Box Gallery (Portland - USA)
Exhibition. Picture 'Les Acrobates (Coney Island)'
- May: Le Chef Magazine
Pictures for an article dedicated to the pastry chef Frédéric Truchot (Maison Bocuse)
- May: Light Never Wait Gallery (Strumica - Macedonia)
Exhibition. Picture 'La chica del Taxi - La Habana'
- March: Salon Contrastes 2015 (Roubaix - France
Exhibition. Serie: 'Cuba'
- November: Photomedia - International Biennal of Photographic Art (Skopeje - Macedonia)
Exhibition. Pictures 'Le mari de la coiffeuse (Lyon)' - 'Platform (London)'
- September: Centre Culturel de Dardilly (France)
Exhibition. Serie: 'Breakfast in America'
- March: BlacklightLight Magazine
Interview and pictures. Serie: 'Money'